How to join ARCH
ARCH welcomes new members who want to share in our unique community and enjoy the many benefits that come with being a part of the UK’s largest and longest established colonic association. If you meet our requirements, we’d love to have you as part of our organisation.
To apply for membership, you will need to complete an application form. DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM. All new memberships must be approved by the membership committee. If you have any questions regarding eligibility, please contact our membership secretary, Jane Bush - email email@example.com
ARCH membership criteria
Naturally, to maintain our high standards, there are certain criteria you must meet to become an ARCH member. These include:
- A medical background, or a significant experience in a body-based therapy
- A completed course of training that satisfies the standards required by ARCH
- Clinic premises that meet the standards set out by ARCH
- A valid first aid certificate
- A Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly known as CRB check)
- Belong to an independent voluntary regulator
The committee will also consider applications from practicing therapists who have trained at other schools in the past, if they are considered to meet our standards and/or are prepared to undertake further study.
Types of ARCH membership
You can join the ARCH community at several different membership levels:
- Full membership – giving your complete access to all member benefits.
- Probationary membership – available to recently qualified members or those whose practice has lapsed for more than a year.
- Student membership – the first step for therapists who are registered for training with an ARCH recognised school.
- Associate membership – aimed at members who no longer practice, but who want to stay in touch with ARCH and the industry.
- Overseas membership – open to therapists who have trained at an ARCH recognised school and now practice exclusively overseas.
Full and provisional members are also obliged to register with a voluntary body on completion of membership to ARCH.